Friday, July 18, 2008

The light of my life

There is a convenient store on the corner underneath our train stop. It is open at almost all hours of the day, and we stop in there quite frequently. About a week ago, I discovered a tiny orange kitten that lives in the store. Now, I stop in every time I walk by so I can play with him. I call him Calcetines, which is Spanish for "socks." You guessed it: he has white paws. But it had to be Spanish, because the owners of the store, and many of the customers, speak Spanish.

When I hold him up to my face, he plays with my hair. And when I put him back on the ground, he chases after me and paws at my feet. It makes my heart all warm and fuzzy to hold Calcetines. Maybe because he is all warm and fuzzy.

3 comments:

Mark said...

gotta love those warm and fuzzies. thinking/praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Well perhaps one day you will be able to have a kitty like him to give you the warm and fuzzies.

Love you !! < Daddy

Jules said...

awe...cute! thinking of you a lot lately...want to see a pic of your new do, please?

Miss you! Julie Malina