Sunday, July 6, 2008

I don't care who you are - fried Oreos are mad tasty!

It's been raining every day... for the last few days at least. I don't care for rain when my main mode of transportation is walking. On the bright side, it keeps the city from getting too hot. That's nice.

I hope you had a fantastic fourth of July! Mine was awesome. We went out to Coney Island for the afternoon. Most New Yorkers I talked to told me not to do it. They all said it was run-down and dirty. It was both of these things, but it was glorious. We went by the original Nathan's and ate the famous hot dog. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at), we missed the hot dog eating contest. The little amusement park felt like a county fair, but Coney Island is home to the world's tallest ferris wheel of it's kind - it has stationary and swinging cars. We rode in a swinging car, obviously, which was super fun! Then we ate lots of sugary foods that are really bad for you, like fried Oreos - holy smokes! - and wandered through the crowded boardwalk.

We made our way over to the Brooklyn Bridge after that, where we managed to find a prime spot on the promenade in front of the Macy's barge, which is where the fireworks are set off. They were the loudest, most beautiful fireworks I've ever seen. But I'm lame, so I didn't take any pictures. Oops.

The fourth was a lot of fun, but I must also share this with you: I miss you. Whoever you are, I miss you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you to Danielle

Love you! < Daddy