Monday, June 16, 2008

Soul Poetry

I went to a poetry slam at the Nuyorican Poet's Cafe this past Friday night. Words flowed like honey from their lips. They were words of hope, pain, humor, and suffering, and I mixed them in with my milk, swallowed them like I'd never sipped milk before, and went back for more. Not only was the slam amazing, but the part of town the cafe was in was exactly my kind of place - kind of on the Lower East Side, in what is sometimes referred to as "Alphabet City."

It was a soul experience. I can't wait to go back. That's really all I can say about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well your old daddy investigated the Nuyorican Poets Cafe on Wikipedia an it looks very interesting perhaps I need to do as I have told you and broaden my own horizons and attend some thing like this with you when you get back.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you DB. You have the soul of a poet which is something I will never truly understand. I pray your summer is going very well.

Emily said...

HAPPY!
you gonna perform next time?!?!?!

:)
Love love!