Thursday, June 26, 2008

Another Brick in the Wall

I didn't realize it until Monday night, but it turns out I am a real klutz. I jumped up (maybe 6 inches off the ground) to snatch a leaf off a tree branch, landed wrong, and now my foot is all swollen and bruised. Walking hurts, but I can walk. I'm going to assume for now that it is merely a sprain and will heal in time, because I refuse to deal with a broken foot in New York City. And that's that.

Mary is out of the hospital. We went over to her house for Bible study last night, where she cooked us a delicious meal, and we got to meet her daughter. Her daughter, along with her boyfriend, have just moved into Mary's house. I'm sure this is a real stress on Mary, but I think it is probably a good thing, because now her daughter is there living with Isaiah, who is her son. Isaiah needs his mother around.

Tuesday was our day off, which I spent relaxing in Manhattan. I got to go for a walk in Central Park, where it promptly began pouring down rain, but at least it waited until after I finished my ice cream! Anyways, by the time we reached our destination, the Poet's Walk, the rain was coming down hard and my clothes were soaked all the way through, but it was still absolutely beautiful in the rain. Maybe even more beautiful.

I was supposed to have a conversational English lesson with a young woman yesterday morning, but I found out at the last minute that it was canceled. That was a bummer. I didn't make it out to the prayer station yesterday, on account of my foot. I was so depressed laying in bed at home. I don't care what condition it is in tomorrow, though, because I can't stand to miss out on it again! Tomorrow is Friday, and Friday's are always good days. Prayer station, Power Hour, maybe some poetry late at night ... yes, tomorrow will be good.

Anyways, I am asking you for your prayers. I feel like I'm kind of hitting a wall here, and need some encouragement to push through to the other side. Lots of plans just aren't working out as well I as I hoped they would, and now I have a purple foot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Friend

Thinking of you- waaaay jealous that you're pumping it to the max in NYC. :) Maybe you could find some purple toenail polish and make a day of the whole thing. It could be sculpture... or performance art in monochrome? :) Anywho. You rock. Keep running the race... or maybe try walking for a few days first. :P Just kidding. Love like an ocean

Anonymous said...

Danielle are you keeping it elevated with ice pack and perhaps you need to wrap an ace bandage around for support and to help with the swelling. Yes tomorrow is Friday and that is always a good day.

Love You! < Daddy