Saturday, May 24, 2008

So it begins.

This is my first official blog post, and be that as it may, I feel a lot of pressure for it to be good. Because what if it isn't? Will you, dear reader, ever return? I do hope so. I'll give it my most earnest effort with the most sincere of wishes that this would touch you, and thus, bring you back.
You see, I have been resistant to the thought of starting a blog for a few reasons. Let me begin by being completely transparent with you, something which I intend to do in all posts: I've been hesitant to start doing this because I'm afraid no one will read it. Yikes!
I've always felt it was a bit presumptuous to assume that if my musings were posted on the world wide web for all to read, they would surely do so. What makes my thoughts so special? Also, the temptation to allow this to become all about me is strong. In all things, I should seek to glorify God, to seek first his kingdom. I've struggled with how this accomplishes those things.
But I've decided it's time. It is time to start doing this because my friendships and relationships are becoming more and more scattered across the globe, and this is the most efficient way to keep people informed on the course my life is taking (at least my life for the next... however many days/months/years I keep up with this). It is also time for me to do my small part in claiming the resources of this world for the glory of God. The more I thought about it, the more blogging seemed like such an obvious way to do it, because it is true, what I wrote in the first paragraph. It is my most sincere wish that this would touch you, and that you would feel compelled to read more, but not because of anything I've done, but because of what the Lord has done.
I hope you read something here that makes you laugh, or makes you cry, and gives you a glimpse into the kingdom, because He is in all these things.

No comments: