Sunday, August 10, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Today is my last full day here in the Bronx. I board a plane heading for Texas at 11 am tomorrow. I'm sorry that I haven't kept up with my blog at all lately. These last few weeks have been pretty crazy. Not only have they been busy, but they've been filled with so many unexpected experiences. It is going to be really hard to leave tomorrow. There is definitely a part of me that wants to stay here. But I know that once I get on the plane and see New York City shrink away, I'll be excited to be coming home. I know that I need to get back to a sense of familiarity and consistency in order to work through everything I've experienced, to be surrounded by the support that I've been blessed with in my little family of friends. Perhaps after I've begun to do that, I'll be able to write about it more clearly.

Thanks to all of you who have supported me monetarily and spiritually this summer. You are all so special to me. Blessings!

1 comment:

Mark said...

its been a joy and an honor listening in on what God's doing through you and others this summer in the bronx. now you head back for your next mission trip - your last year at ACU! give us a call sometime - let's figure out how we can see our danielle again soon! :)